So why join a group?
That is such a great question! The reasons I created the Rooted Relationships 101 Training are many.
1. Some things can be better taught and learned through utilizing more than our prefrontal cortex alone. They are learned through experience and witnessing, metaphor and repetition. When one couple gets to watch another couple grapple with a similar, but not identical, issue, they inherently shift perspective on their own issue. They see how they’re different and how they’re the same. They may even be able to giggle or see the absurd in the other couple where it feels deadly serious in their own relationship.
2. It’s a good use of your finances. When I was doing exclusively private couples therapy, I often found myself repeating the same vital information. I would go off on a tangent and lecture for a few minutes. . . thinking to myself, this really isn’t the best use of time here! And so I created the group. Couples therapy is a LOT of learning new material, doing exercises that can be done easily in a group format. It is not efficient to spend critical time in private therapy to address topics that can be absorbed just as well – or better – in a group setting.
3. Groups utilize our tribe mentality. So much of what I teach is simply about paying better attention. This is NOT rocket science. But we forget! It’s so easy to forget and slip back into habits. When you’re part of a group and each week, folks are sharing how the week went, it acts as a reminder. You feel part of a team, a tribe that is all focusing on the same goal – to improve relationships. Sure, it takes hard work, but more than that, it takes remembering. The Group format encourages that remembering.
Upcoming Online Dates
- 1 Private sessions (75 minutes, value: $375)
10 Weekly Group Sessions 2 hours (9-11am PST)
- Weekly Homework (couple exercises, journal invitations etc)
- Learning Materials: video content, pre-recorded audio meditations, handouts
- Breathwork Workshop with yogini Alana Lee, founder of High Frequency Loft.
- Twice monthly Marco Polo (video messaging) for contact between sessions.
- Reduced Price: Generous Marriage: 10 Weeks to Ignite Kindness, Connection, Playfulness & Passion, by Lily Eggers.